When We Partner Together, We Can Do So Much More!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a screening process/background check for your volunteers and staff?
What safety measures do you have in place?
- Children are our most precious gifts and we are committed to maintaining an environment that is physically, emotionally and spiritually safe for all children!
- We use a numbered nametag process for all of our children. Each nametag is preprinted with a number. Your child gets a nametag and you get a parent pick-up tag with matching number. You MUST show the matching pick-up tag as you leave. A PowerHouse team member will verify the number on the child’s name tag matches the parent pick-up tag.
- During PowerHouse service times, only approved PowerHouse volunteers and staff have access to the children’s ministry space. Our Greeting team members are stationed at our welcome desk throughout each service.
What if my child needs me during the service?
Can my child with special needs attend PowerHouse?
It is our desire to be inclusive of and to do our very best to accommodate kids and families with special needs. We do our very best to match your child up with a “Friend2Friend” to give your child the best experience possible. Please contact us at 301.355.6550 or email Friends2Friends@senecacreek.org
Do you provide snacks?
- Nursery will receive only plain cheerios. Preschoolers (ages 2 – PreK) will receive a snack of graham crackers and water on Sunday mornings. We do not serve a snack in the K-5th grade. However, team member may request to bring in a special snack but it must be given the OK by the staff.
- NOTE: Please do not bring treats or drinks from home. We are a nut-free Children’s Ministry.
What if my child has an allergy?
Can my child participate in Baptism at Seneca Creek?
- We want all of our kids to remember this special day as they share their faith in joining the greatest team ever—God’s team! Because of the important decision baptism is and the symbolic expression of a child asking Jesus to be their friend forever as it relates to baptism, we ask that kids are currently attending 3rd grade or above to participate in kid’s baptism classes.
- Typically, our baptism celebrations are scheduled twice a year beginning in the fall.
What is Child Dedication?
- You will have the greatest influence in your child’s life. Our church wants to come alongside you, encourage you and support you at every phase in raising your child to know, love and follow Jesus. The child dedication ceremony is much more about you, the parent, than it is about your child. You will stand before family and friends and publicly promise to God to do everything in your power to raise up a godly, faith-walking child.
- Typically, our child dedication ceremonies are scheduled twice a year beginning in the late fall. Watch for sign-ups.
What curriculum do you use in the children's ministry?
What about VBS and activities outside of Sunday?
In past years we offered a program we liked to call “Spring Break Camp”. In 2019, we are planning our first ever “Summer Break Camp”. It is still in the works, so you’ll have to check back for more information.
Currently we do not offer regular activities outside of Sunday. However, we will continue to explore ideas that parallel with the mission, vision and values of our church.